It’s the Holiday Season, and while we cats know how thankful you are to have us in your lives, you might not know what we are thankful for. I think I speak for all of my fellow felines when I present to you the top five things cats are thankful about this year.
- Living indoors. Personally, before being adopted I was a barn cat—no squishy sofa or comfy blankets or cat tree or regular meals for me back then—so I know how hard life can be, and I thank my lucky stars every day that I got adopted into a lovely, warm, comfortable home. Regardless of where your cats came from, they could not be happier that you found them and brought them home with you. (Our cats looking for forever homes)
- Being healthy. While your cats may make some noise in their carriers on the way to see the veterinarian, they know you have their best interest at heart when you take them in for their regular veterinary visits. We cats can be really subtle and don’t often show signs of being sick or hurt, so regular trips to the veterinarian help ensure your cats are the healthiest they can be.
- Wonderful toys. I would get so bored without my perches where I survey my surroundings, my toys to bat around and the feather I play with, and your cats are likely no different. Being active keeps your cats happy and svelte.
- Delicious food. While your cats may want a piece of that turkey cooling on the counter, they know the food you give them is much, much healthier and made so that it can easily be digested. It is also formulated to ensure your cats get all the nutrition they need so that your feline friends stay healthy.
- Affection. What we cats really love most is a good scratch behind the ears; I know there’s no way to get me purring quicker than a nice head massage.
This Thanksgiving, take a few extra moments to show your cats how thankful you are to have them in your life. You might be surprised at how quickly you get thanks right back through a head nudge and a purr.