What to Expect
- Allow about 1 hour for your visit.
- Bring your pet into the lobby on a leash or in a carrier.
- We may need to collect samples, so don’t allow your pet to urinate or defecate outside.
- Bring questions, concerns and any research you’d like to discuss with us.
- If your pet is coming for the annual or semi annual examination visit, we recommend that you bring a fresh, marble sized stool sample in a zip lock bag.
- Let us know if you have a pet health insurance plan or if you need to apply for credit.
- If you were not able to bring in a stool sample we can collect one while your pet is there. The technician will also collect blood and/or urine samples if it is needed for laboratory testing.
- We’ll complete a history and discuss diet, dental care, exercise & play, heart worm prevention, flea prevention, coat care, laboratory testing and vaccination recommendations. Our health plans are tailored to your pet’s age, breed, lifestyle and travel habits so once we have this information we can create an individualized care plan for your pet.
- The veterinarian will perform a complete comprehensive examination and report normal and abnormal findings to you. You will receive an Examination Report with the findings and the doctor’s recommendations.
- The technician will prepare your pet’s prescription medications as indicated by the doctor.
- The technician or doctor will escort you to check out.
- The client care representative will review your invoice, collect your payment for the services rendered and schedule your pet’s next appointment for you.
What To Expect at The Cat Doctors
Forms you may need
To ensure we are as thorough as possible with your pet’s annual and semi annual health visits, please visit the form page by click the link below, print out and complete the applicable form(s) and bring them to your pet’s appointment. Early detection is key for a happy, healthy pet, so be sure to let us know of any concerns you may have about your companion.
Need Pet Insurance?
Visit Trupanion.com for a free quote. Complete, affordable accident and illness coverage.