What to Expect at the Cat Doctors
Bringing your cherished cat into the cat clinic for the first time can be an intimidating experience at first. We understand that no matter the nature of your visit to our animal hospital, it is up to us to ensure your needs and expectations are met. Below is a general guideline of what to expect during your visit to our animal hospital:
- Once you have arrived at our animal clinic, bring your cat in to the lobby of the cat clinic. Don’t allow your feline to urinate or defecate before your visit as our veterinarians may need to collect urine and stool samples for laboratory testing.
- Please allow for 1-hour for your visit to our animal clinic
- Bring your questions, concerns and any findings regarding your cat that you would like to discuss with us. At our cat hospital, we’ll work to provide you with insight into the health of your beloved feline!
- If your cat is coming for the annual or semi-annual examination visit, we recommend that you bring a fresh, marble sized stool sample in a zip lock bag.
- For the safety and security of your cat, keep them safely in a carrier.
- We will weigh your cat once they’ve arrived at our cat clinic.
- Our Client Care team will ask you for any new information, history or records you may have on your pet and update your cat’s medical records. Please let us know if you have a pet health insurance plan or if you need to apply for credit for the visit.
- The technician will escort you to a private examination room.
- Your cat’s temperature will be taken once they’ve arrived at the cat hospital.
- If you were not able to bring in a stool sample, we can collect one while your cat is there. Our technician will also collect blood and/or urine samples if it is needed for laboratory testing.
- The technician will get a complete history and discuss diet, dental care, exercise & play, heartworm prevention, flea prevention, coat care, laboratory testing and vaccination recommendations. Our health plans are tailored specifically to your cat’s age, breed, lifestyle and travel habits so once we have this information we can create an individualized care plan for your cat.
- Our veterinarian will perform a complete comprehensive examination and report normal and abnormal findings to you. You will receive an Examination Report with the findings and the veterinarian’s recommendations.
- The technician will prepare your cat’s prescription medications as indicated by the veterinarian.
- The technician or veterinarian will escort you to check out.
- The client care representative will review your invoice, collect your payment for the services rendered and schedule your cat’s next appointment for you.
Our cat hospital is currently offering an incentive discount for all dog and cat spays and neuters! Receive the same excellent quality at a fraction of the regular cost! Limited time offer! Call our cat clinic today to learn more!
Our cat hospital is located conveniently close to residents of Bayshore, Davis Island, Hyde Park and South Tampa, Florida! We hope to see you and your beloved cat stopping in soon!