The human and animal bond is important to many of us. More and more, we see people treat their pets as an important member of their family. They are making appearances in holiday cards, having their own birthday parties, going to day care. There are many studies that have shown that the bond between people and their pets can increase fitness, lower stress, and bring so much happiness to their owners. And the best part is that they don’t go away to college!
Some of the health benefits of having a pet include:
- Decreased blood pressure.
- Decreased cholesterol levels.
- Decreased triglyceride levels.
- Decreased feelings of loneliness.
- Increased opportunities for exercise and outdoor activities.
- Increased opportunities for socialization.