What to Expect
Bringing your beloved pet into a veterinary clinic can be an intimidating experience at first.
We understand that no matter the nature of your visit, it is up to us to ensure your needs and expectations are met. Following is a general guideline of what you can expect during your visit to our veterinary hospital:
- Once you have arrived, please bring your pet in to our lobby. Don’t allow your pet to urinate or defecate outside, as we may need to collect urine and stool samples for laboratory testing.
- Please allow 1-hour for your visit.
- Bring your questions, concerns and any findings regarding your pet that you would like to discuss with us.
- If your pet is coming for the annual or semi-annual examination visit, we recommend that you bring a fresh, marble sized stool sample in a zip lock bag.
- For the safety and security of your pet, please keep your pet on a leash or in a carrier.
- We will weigh your pet during their visit.
- Our Client Care team will ask you for any new information, history or records you may have on your pet and update your pet’s medical records. Please let us know if you have a pet health insurance plan or if you need to apply for credit for the visit.
- A veterinary technician will escort you to a private examination room.
- Your pet’s temperature will be taken rectally.
- If you were not able to bring in a stool sample, we can collect one while your pet is there. Our technician will also collect blood and/or urine samples if it is needed for laboratory testing.
- The veterinary technician will get a complete history and discuss diet, dental care, exercise and play, heartworm prevention, flea prevention, coat care, laboratory testing and vaccination recommendations. Our pet health care plans are tailored specifically to your pet’s age, breed, lifestyle and travel habits so once we have this information we can create an individualized care plan for your pet.
- Our veterinarian will perform a comprehensive examination and report normal and abnormal findings to you. You will receive an Examination Report with the findings and the veterinarian’s recommendations.
- The technician will prepare your pet’s specific prescription medications as indicated by the veterinarian.
- The technician or veterinarian will escort you to check out.
- The client care representative will review your invoice, collect your payment for the services rendered and schedule your pet’s next appointment for you.
If you have any questions please call (813) 949-8000 and our staff will be more than happy to talk with you. We are pleased to provide veterinary services to pet owners from across the Tampa Bay area including the communities of Cheval, Lutz, North Tampa, Carrollwood, Greater Northdale, Lake Magdalene and beyond.