What to Expect at Pebble Creek Animal Hospital
Bringing your beloved pet into an animal hospital can be an intimidating experience at first. We understand that no matter the nature of your visit, it is up to us to ensure your needs and expectations are met. Below is a general guideline of what to expect during your visit to our hospital:
Once you have arrived, please bring your pet in to our lobby. Don’t allow your pet to urinate or defecate outside as we may need to collect urine and stool samples for laboratory testing.
- Please allow 1-hour for your visit.
- Bring your questions, concerns and any findings regarding your pet that you would like to discuss with us.
- If your pet is coming for the annual or semi-annual examination visit, we recommend that you bring a fresh, marble sized stool sample in a zip lock bag.
- For the safety and security of your pet, keep your pet on a leash or in a carrier.
- We will weigh your pet during their visit.
- Our Client Care team will ask you for any new information, history or records you may have on your pet and update your pet’s medical records. Please let us know if you have a pet health insurance plan or if you need to apply for credit for the visit.
- The technician will escort you to a private examination room.
- Your pet’s temperature will be taken rectally.
- If you were not able to bring in a stool sample, we can collect one while your pet is there. The technician will also collect blood and/or urine samples if it is needed for laboratory testing.
- Our technician will get a complete history and discuss diet, dental care, exercise & play, heartworm prevention, flea prevention, coat care, laboratory testing and vaccination recommendations. Our health plans are tailored specifically to your pet’s age, breed, lifestyle and travel habits so once we have this information we can create an individualized care plan for your pet.
- Our veterinarian will perform a complete comprehensive examination and report normal and abnormal findings to you. You will receive an Examination Report with the findings and the veterinarian’s recommendations.
- Our technician will prepare your pet’s prescription medications as indicated by the veterinarian.
- The technician or veterinarian will escort you to check out.
- The client care representative will review your invoice, collect your payment for the services rendered and schedule your pet’s next appointment for you.