Tampa Bay Animal Hospitals adapt to human coronavirus COVID-19 with Curbside Service, Telehealth, Mobile Services, and More
The health and safety of our clients and staff is of utmost importance as we continue to provide the best care possible to pets.
Thankfully, there is no reason to believe that pets can become ill with the COVID-19 coronavirus, but we want to do all we can to minimize the potential for coronavirus infection among the humans (clients and staff) with whom we work.
We are maintaining normal hospital and veterinarian appointment hours and providing comprehensive veterinary care to all our patients with the exception of routine elective surgeries and dental procedures which are being postponed to preserve personal protective equipment (gloves, gowns, and masks).
In order to enhance the safety of our clients, staff, and patients, we are offering the following services and taking these precautions.
Curbside Concierge Service
Please call us when you arrive in our parking lot. Our curbside concierge service offers the following benefits:
- Most importantly, curbside service enhances your safety and that of our team members as well allowing all of us to abide by the Hillsborough County “safer-at-home” order.
- We will come to your car, get your pet, provide care, and return your pet to you.
- You can either wait in your car for the care to be provided or leave and return at a later time.
- Conversations between you and the veterinarian would be by phone or video chat depending on your preference.
- Team members providing curbside service wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- The outsides of pet carriers are wiped down with a disinfectant prior to being returned to pet owners.
- Payment can often be accomplished over the phone or thru our website on your mobile phone. When credit cards are handled, they are disinfected prior to being returned.
- Medications and pet food can also be picked up curbside. Call ahead to order and when you arrive for us to bring it to your car.
Airvet Telehealth Consultations
We now offer the new Airvet app to give clients access to care anytime, anywhere. Connect with your own veterinarian or an in-network Airvet veterinarian within seconds to get answers, do follow-ups, and sometimes just to get reassurance during those “I don’t know if I should be freaking out or not!” moments. Some benefits include
- 24/7/365 availability
- $30 per telehealth session
- The Airvet app can be downloaded at the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- We can pick up your pet from your home, provide appropriate care, and return your pet later in the day.
- There is usually no cost for this service.
- Please call for details and to schedule.
Medication and Pet Food Delivery
- In addition to offering curbside concierge service for medications and pet food, we mail medications at no charge.
- Medications and pet food including prescription diets are delivered by our mobile services van at a cost of $5.00 per delivery, often same day or next day.
Online Pharmacy and Pet Food
- All medications and premium pet foods including prescription diets are available from our online pharmacy.
- Prices are typically similar to or below those of other online pet medication/food provider websites.
- Free shipping with orders of $49 or AutoShip.
A link to our Home Delivery Store can be found at here.
For more information about COVID-19 and pets, this is a great resource from the American Animal Veterinary Medical Association: http://bit.ly/3a1zDm0.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
At this time, we will remain open for business during our regular hours and will continue working hard to provide the level of care you have come to expect from us.
Pet Resort 50% OFF for Essential Employees
Our Tampa Bay Animal Hospitals family understands how difficult this time is for essential workers. We know what an important job you are doing, and how long your days are, not to mention all of the extra hours you are all putting in.
At this time, we are offering all essential workers a substantially reduced price for our pet daycare and pet resort services. This would make an overnight stay for your dog $15 and $10 for your cat. For day care the special price would be $10 for your dog and $5 for your cat per day.
Let your furry family members spend the day with us being pampered. When you finally get home, you can relax knowing they have been well cared for all day.
This is our way of saying thank you for all of your hard work during this time of uncertainty.
Make a reservation today by calling or emailing any of our locations.
*All pets will need to be current on their immunizations:
Dogs: Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, Influenza, and a negative parasite test.
Cats: Rabies, FVRCP, and a negative parasite test.