Tampa Bay Animal Hospitals adjust to providing care during the re-opening of Florida associated with human coronavirus COVID-19 by continuing Curbside Concierge Service, Telehealth, and Mobile Services, but we look forward to resuming limited in-hospital outpatient appointments as soon as we have sufficient confidence that we can do so safely.
The health and safety of our clients and staff is of utmost importance as we continue to provide the best care possible to pets.
We remain committed to caring for our patients and meeting their health care needs in the safest and best way possible. Be assured that we continue to follow CDC guidelines and federal, state and local recommendations for practicing social distancing. We have established a phased plan to resume normal services to see our patients for healthy pet exams, all procedures and surgeries and urgent care needs.
We are maintaining normal hospital and veterinarian appointment hours and providing comprehensive veterinary care to all our patients. To enhance the safety of our clients, staff, and patients, we are offering the following services and taking these precautions.
Services Options Available to Our Clients
1) In-hospital Outpatient Appointments (Postponed until as we have sufficient confidence that we can do so safely)
Our veterinarians and other practice team members enjoy their personal interactions not only with pets, but also with their pet parents, our wonderful clients. We truly look forward to inviting clients back into the hospitals as soon as we feel that we can do so without compromising the safety of anyone.
The exact timing of resuming in-hospital outpatient appointments is dependent on several factors including the trends in COVID-19 cases and government guidelines.
Anticipated safety precautions for in-hospital outpatient appointments include:
- Limited number of in-hospital appointments and only one client per pet to enhance social distancing.
- All practice team members and clients wear face coverings/masks.
- Clients will be asked to bring their own face covering/mask, but if they forget theirs, we will supply a disposable mask.
- Clients call when they arrive curbside.
- When an exam room is ready, clients are invited to enter the hospital with their pet and go directly into an exam room.
- Social distancing of 6 feet maintained during interactions between clients and veterinarians/practice team members.
- Lobby chairs placed at least 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer available in every exam room and at lobby counter.
- Exam rooms and lobby chairs sanitized after each use.
- Door handles (front doors and exam room doors) sanitized hourly.
- Contactless payments.
- Additional precautions for staff include daily temperature checks as well as assessment of signs of illness and recent exposure to anyone that has or is suspected of having COVID-19.
2) Curbside Concierge Service
Please call us when you arrive in our parking lot. Our curbside concierge service offers the following benefits:
- Most importantly, curbside service enhances your safety and that of our team members.
- We will come to your car, get your pet, provide care, and return your pet to you.
- You can either wait in your car for the care to be provided or leave and return at a later time.
- Conversations between you and the veterinarian would be by phone or video chat depending on your preference.
- Team members providing curbside service wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- The outsides of pet carriers are wiped down with a disinfectant prior to being returned to pet owners.
- Payment can often be accomplished over the phone or thru our website on your mobile phone. When credit cards are handled, they are disinfected prior to being returned.
- Medications and pet food can also be picked up curbside. Call ahead to order and when you arrive for us to bring it to your car.
3) Airvet Telehealth Consultations
We offer Airvet, an app that gives our clients access to care anytime, anywhere. Connect with your own veterinarian or an in-network Airvet veterinarian within seconds to get answers, do follow-ups, and sometimes just to get reassurance during those “I don’t know if I should be freaking out or not!” moments. Some benefits include
- 24/7/365 availability
- $30 per telehealth session
- The Airvet app can be downloaded at the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
4) Mobile Services
- We can pick up your pet from your home, provide appropriate care, and return your pet later in the day.
- There is usually no cost for this service.
- Please call for details and to schedule.
5) Medication and Pet Food Delivery
- In addition to offering curbside concierge service for medications and pet food, we mail medications at no charge.
- Medications and pet food including prescription diets are delivered by our mobile services van at a cost of $5.00 per delivery, often same day or next day.
6) Online Pharmacy and Pet Food
- All medications and premium pet foods including prescription diets are available from our online pharmacy.
- Prices are typically similar to or below those of other online pet medication/food provider websites.
- Free shipping with orders of $49 or AutoShip.
A link to our Home Delivery Store can be found at here.
For more information about COVID-19 and pets, this is a great resource from the American Veterinary Medical Association: https://bit.ly/302dstX.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
At this time, we will remain open for business during our regular hours and will continue working hard to provide the level of care you have come to expect from us.
Make a reservation today by calling or emailing any of our locations.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “At this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Based on the limited data available, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low. We are still learning about this virus, and it appears that in some rare situations, people can spread the virus to animals.” We continue to provide the high-quality care your pets need in a way that minimizes the potential for coronavirus infection among the humans (clients and staff) with whom we work.