November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month
We love our senior pets—that’s why we are thrilled that November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month! If you’ve been thinking about adding a four-legged-friend to your family, consider opening your home and your heart to an older dog or cat in need.
While small kittens and puppies may be adorable, older pets are just as loving and loyal as their younger counterparts. Not to mention, adopting a senior animal companion comes with some cool advantages:
- Grown-up pets don’t require the constant monitoring and training that puppies and kittens do.
- Many are already housetrained.
- Since senior pets are fully grown, you’ll be immediately aware of important information like personality type and grooming requirements, making it easier to choose the perfect pet for your family.
It is a sad fact that senior pets are often the last to be adopted from shelters, putting them at an increased risk for euthanasia. When you adopt a senior pet, you’re not only welcoming a lifetime of love into your home, you’re also saving a precious life.
If you’re feeling inspired to bring home an older pet, stop by your local animal rescue to meet some very special senior pets who are looking for loving families. You can also check ASPCA’s national database for animals looking for homes in your area:
- Adopt A Pet
- Pet Finder
- Georgeanns Homeless Hounds
- Hillsborough County Pet Adoptions
- Lost Angels Animal Rescue
Lost Angels Animal Rescue on Facebook
- Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida
- Rugaz Rescue
- Suncoast Animal League
- E.A.R.S. Animal Rescue and Sanctuary
We offer complementary first exams for all pets adopted from any shelter.
Click here to make an appointment.
Some info courtesy of ASCAP