A Recipe For Mommy, And A Recipe For Doggy!
This is what I tell my awesome pal, Dolly Brown Dog: “A recipe for mommy, and a recipe for Dolly“! As we approach this holiday season, it is with full and glad hearts that we offer up to you two of our most favorite (borrowed) recipes:
Pumpkin Goo for humans and Pumpkin n Peanut Butter biscuits for pets. I must warn though, neither of these are good for watching our weights so partake in moderation!
Pumpkin Gooey Bars (Human Treats)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix package
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) softened cream cheese package
- 1 (15 ounce) pumpkin can
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) powdered sugar package
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Can use vanilla bean or whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, egg and butter with an electric mixer.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13″ pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the eggs, butter and vanilla. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the powdered sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon, mix well.
- Spread this filling over crust, bake about 45 minutes.
- The center should be slightly “gooey”.
- Top with vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Pumpkin Homemade Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter with Honey
- 1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, canned
- 1 3/4 cups Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter and pumpkin. Stir in the flour 1/4 cup at a time just until dough is no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4″ thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough, then place on the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months