What to Expect
What to Expect at North Bay Animal Hospital
Clients from Westchase to Tampa and far across the Sunshine State visit North Bay Animal Hospital when they wish to receive stellar veterinary care for their pet!
New clients: print this coupon to receive $50 off Comprehensive Physical Exam for your dog or cat on your first visit!
Bringing your cherished pet into a pet clinic can be an intimidating experience at first. We understand that no matter the nature of your visit, it is up to us to ensure your needs and expectations are met. Below is a general guideline of what you can expect during your visit to our pet hospital:
- Once you have arrived, bring your pet directly in to our lobby. Please don’t allow your pet to urinate or defecate outside, as we may need to collect urine and stool samples for laboratory testing.
- Please allow 1-hour for your visit.
- Bring your questions, concerns and any findings regarding your pet that you would like to discuss with us.
- If your pet is coming for the annual or semi-annual examination visit, we recommend that you bring a fresh, marble sized stool sample in a zip lock bag.
- For the safety and security of your pet, keep your pet on a leash or in a carrier.
- We will weigh your pet during their visit.
- Our Client Care team will ask you for any new information, history or records you may have on your pet and update your pet’s medical records. Please let us know if you have a pet health insurance plan or if you need to apply for credit for the visit.
- Our veterinary technician will escort you to a private examination room.
- Your pet’s temperature will be taken rectally.
- If you were not able to bring in a stool sample, we can collect one while your pet is there. The technician will also collect blood and/or urine samples if needed for laboratory testing.
- The veterinary technician will get a complete history and discuss diet, dental care, exercise & play, heartworm prevention, flea prevention, coat care, laboratory testing and vaccination recommendations. Our health plans are tailored specifically to your pet’s age, breed, lifestyle and travel habits so that we can create an individualized care plan for your pet.
- The veterinarian will perform a complete comprehensive examination and report normal and abnormal findings to you. You will receive an Examination Report with the findings and the veterinarian’s recommendations.
- Our technician will prepare your pet’s specific prescription medications as indicated by the veterinarian.
- The technician or veterinarian will escort you personally to check-out.
- Our client care representative will review your invoice, collect your payment for the services rendered and schedule your pet’s next appointment for you.