Pets are an important part of our families, and a new Red Cross Pet First Aid App puts lifesaving information right in the hands of dog and cat owners so they can provide emergency care until veterinary assistance is available.
Downloading the Red Cross Pet First Aid App gives users instant access to expert information on how to maintain their pet’s health and what to do during emergencies. Users have access to instructions, videos and images for more than 25 common emergency situations for animals. In addition to learning about what to do for cold- and heat-related emergencies, users can also learn how to treat their pet’s wounds, control bleeding, and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies.
- Convenient toggle between cat and dog content.
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday emergencies in the palm of your hand.
- Prepare and protect your pet’s health with advice on administering medication, time to say goodbye, behavioral help and how to act in a disaster situation.
- Early warning sign checker for preventive care.
- Programmable veterinary contact number to be available when needed throughout the app.
- Learn first aid steps for over 25 common pet situations through a combination of text, video and images, in addition to identifying common toxic substances.
- Locate your nearest emergency vet hospital or pet-friendly hotels.
- Respond to pet emergencies with “how to” videos for the common and stressful emergency situations inclusive of size specific CPR techniques.
- Customize multiple pet profiles and set veterinary appointments.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends along with a picture of your pet.
To download the app for Android devices, click here.
To download the app for Apple Devices, click here.