Cake Recipe for Your Dog
Courtesy of the Dog Bakery
National Love Your Dog Day. Graduation from Obedience School. Your furbaby’s birthday.
Fido made it through the week without chewing any shoes, barking at the delivery guy, or eating the pizza left on the counter.
Whatever the occasion—or for no other reason than being your pawtastic best friend—giving your doggo a cake is a special treat for you both. It’s a little something you can do to show just how much you care, and your dog will eat it up (every pun intended).
4 Ingredient Banana-Peanut Butter Dog Cake
What could be easier than a recipe that only takes four ingredients? How about one that requires only one bowl, one spoon, and a pan? And what about one so versatile that it can be used for an 8-inch cake, 12 regular-sized pupcakes, or 24 mini pupcakes?
Doesn’t get much more simple or versatile than that, does it?
Here it is. A grain-free, all-natural, easy-as-pie doggo cake that combines two of her favorite flavors; peanut butter and banana.
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon for scooping and mixing
- 8-inch cake pan OR 12 cup muffin tin OR 24 cup mini muffin tin
- Cooking spray or oil for all pans OR paper/foil liners for muffin tins
Ingredients for 8-inch cake:
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup natural, preferably organic, peanut butter (NO xylitol, as it is toxic to dogs)
- 1 tsp baking soda
*If making pupcakes, cut the amounts in half.
Ingredients for frosting:
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 4 tbs peanut butter
Instructions for cake and frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a spoon until smooth.
- Stir in eggs, mixing until well combined.
- Spoon in peanut butter. Stir until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Add the baking soda.
- Mix until everything is smooth and evenly colored.
- Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Pupcakes will need to bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely. Remove from pan and transfer to serving plate or platter.
- Make frosting by combining mashed bananas and peanut butter in a small bowl. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Frost the cake top. It’s worth noting that this frosting doesn’t stick to the sides of the cake too well.
- Serve. Watch Fido do a happy dance.
This cake will serve 4 to 8 pups, depending on their size and appetite.
4 Ingredient Apple Dog Cake
What dog doesn’t love a bite of apple? They’re sweet, crunchy, and every pup we’ve ever met seems to enjoy them.
This cake is another four-ingredient wonder and is single-serving as well. So even if your doggo is on the small side, they can still enjoy a treat made just for them without leftovers to worry about storing.
You will need some special equipment for this one. It bakes in either a 4-inch cake pan or a jumbo muffin tin.
Other than that, all you’ll need is:
- Mixing bowl
- Oil or cooking spray for the pan
It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
And here are the ingredients you’ll need to make it.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbs natural, preferably organic peanut butter (NO xylitol, as it is toxic to dogs)
- ½ an apple, peeled and grated (be careful NOT to include any core or seeds, as they are toxic to dogs)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Oil or spray the baking pan or muffin tin.
- Pour the batter into the pan or tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan or tin. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Serve, or frost and decorate as suggested below.