Is Your Pet in Pain?
Animals are masters at hiding signs of pain. Because of this, it can be incredibly difficult to know if they are experiencing any.
Here are some signs to pay attention to when trying to assess your pet’s pain level:
- Decreased activity -Take notice if your pet is playing as much as usual.
- Not going up or down stairs – This could be an early sign of osteoarthritis.
- Reluctance to jump up onto surfaces – This especially applies to cats.
- Decreased appetite – This can signal mouth pain.
- Over grooming or licking a particular area can be a sign of referred pain.
- Difficulty standing after lying down is a sign of osteoarthritis.
If you notice any of these signs, please do not hesitate to contact us.