Adopt a Shelter Pet Month
October is Adopt a Shelter Pet Month! Ready to find your new best friend? Hillsborough County Animal Resource Center is a great resource!
Here are just a few great reasons to consider adoption:
- You will help to cut down the unwanted pet population.
- You can skip the puppy/kitten phase. They are usually potty trained and passed the chewing stage.
- You know what you are getting. Pets that are up for adoption have been temperament tested.
- Pets up for adoption have already been spayed or neutered.
- Pets up for adoption have already been vaccinated.
- You will save at least 1 life.
- We offer complementary first exams for all pets adopted from any shelter.
Click here to make an appointment.
Adopt from a shelter or rescue group: When you’re ready to open your heart and home to a new best friend, adopt from your local animal shelter or rescue group. Talk with shelter staff to find the perfect pet for you and your lifestyle, and remember that older pets make excellent companions too. Here are a list of adoption links:
- Hillsborough County Animal & Pets
- Pets for adoption at our hospitals
- Adopt A Pet
- Pet Finder
- Georgeanns Homeless Hounds
- Lost Angels Animal Rescue
Lost Angels Animal Rescue on Facebook
- Suncoast Animal League
- Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida
- Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue
- Rugaz Rescue
- E.A.R.S. Animal Rescue and Sanctuary